Police evicted eight relatives of kidnapped Montegrin Moslems from the
official residence of President Momir Bulatovic of Montenegro late
Friday.

The relatives were continuing Friday a hunger strike begun the
previous day.

Bulatovic had refused to see the eight who were seeking news of eight
Moslem Montenegrins, kidnapped by Bosnian Serbs on February 27, 1993
while on a train journey from Belgrade to the port of Bar in
Montenegro.

A Bosnian Moslem refugee and several Serbian Moslems were seized at
the same time.

The incident happened at the station at Strpci on a stretch of line
several kilometres (miles) long passing through Bosnian territory
under Serb control. Witnesses said that the passengers were taken away
by men wearing the uniform of the Bosnian Serb forces.

Relatives of the missing Moslems said that by going on hunger strike
they wanted to force Bulatovic to give them the result of a year and a
half's investigation into their kidnapping and subsequent fate.

Convinced that the Montenegrin authorities "know the epilogue" to the
Strpci kidnappings they claim to have proof in the form of a statement
by the President of rump Yugoslavia -- Serbia and Montenegro -- Zoran
Lilic to the Belgrade newspaper Politika on August 20.

On that occasion Lilic gave the name of the man believed to have been
responsible for the kidnapping, saying he had been arrested by the
Serbian authorities.

He had subsequently been handed over to the Bosnian Serbs who, in
Lilic's words, "instead of sending him to prison, let him go."
